Opening a New Account
- Click the Register button located in the Registry Login section to the right of these instructions
- Choose the appropriate account type
- Load Serving Entity (LSE): Ability to manage load assets and corresponding load obligation certificates, register new and manage existing generating assets, can send and receive certificates, can retire certificates in retail sub-account (RPS compliance purposes), can make Reserved transactions (general purpose retirements)
- Generator: Ability to register new and manage existing generating assets, can send and receive certificates, can make Reserved transactions (general purpose retirements)
- Trader: Ability to send and receive certificates, can make Reserved transactions (general purpose retirements)
- Independent Verifier: Uploads MWh data for third party generators. Does not have any of the account functionality of an LSE, Generator or Trader listed above.
- Fill in all required fields of the New Account Application
- NEPOOL members will check the NEPOOL Member box and supply the company’s DUNS ID and NEPOOL ID
- Non-NEPOOL members will uncheck the NEPOOL Member box, removing the requirement to supply a DUNS ID and NEPOOL ID
- Click the submit button at the bottom of the registration page.
- Non-NEPOOL members will be taken to the Non-NEPOOL Participant Account Holder Agreement page. Review and fill in the required fields, then click the I Agree button. Alternatively, clicking the Later button will allow for the agreement to be reviewed and agreed to during the account activation step below.
- An account activation email will be sent to the email address associated with the newly register account. Follow the instructions in the email message to activate the account
- NEPOOL member accounts will be approved immediately by the NEPOOL GIS administrator. Non-NEPOOL account will need a counter signed copy of the Non-NEPOOL Participant Account Holder Agreement before the NEPOOL GIS administrator will approve the account, usually within 2 business days.
- Full account access will be granted upon final account approval.
Registering a New Generator
- Non-NEPOOL Generator (behind the meter)
- Upon logging in to the account, find the Asset Management module located towards the top of the page
- Click the Register Non-NEPOOL Generator link located under the Asset Management module
- Fill in all the required fields of the Generator Information form on the first page
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the first page
- Leave the second page blank and click the Submit for Approval button at the bottom of the page to create Unit ID
- Once the project received State RPS certification, email the RPS certification documentation to email@example.com.
- The NEPOOL GIS administrator will approve the generator registration upon review
- ISO-NE Settlement Generator
- Settlement generators are registered with the ISO-NE, and are uploaded in to the lead participant’s NEPOOL GIS account the month after commercial operation.
- The lead participant will need to click the linked Plant – Unit name under the Asset Management to complete the generator registration process.
- Follow the same steps described above for the Non-NEPOOL generator above
- Import generators located in adjacent control areas – please reference Importing Unit Specific Certificates