ACP Rates for the 2017 Compliance Year
As required by regulation, the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) announced on January 31, 2017, the 2017 Alternative Compliance Payment (ACP) Rates for the six Renewable & Alternative Energy Portfolio Standards (RPS & APS).
- RPS Class I = $67.70 per MWh
- RPS Class I Solar Carve-Out = $448.00 per MWh
- RPS Class I Solar Carve-Out II = $350.00 per MWh
- RPS Class II Renewable Energy = $27.79 per MWh
- RPS Class II Waste Energy = $11.12 per MWh
- APS = $22.23 per MWh
For additional important information on the ACP Rates, including rates dating back to 2003 and the method by which the Rates are determined, please visit the Alternative Compliance Payment Rates webpage
Please visit DOER’s RPS & APS homepage for additional information, including
- the regularly-updated lists of Qualified Units,
- the current status of regulator proceedings, now consisting of renewable thermal technologies in APS and the pending new incentives for Solar PV,
- the most recent procedures, guidelines, & forms for annual compliance, and
- the RPS & APS Annual Compliance Reports (the report for 2015 is still under preparation).
You can subscribe to DOER Email Updates by subject at this page.
Please direct any RPS and APS questions to DOER.RPS@state.ma.us.
 225 CMR 14.08(3)(a)2., 225 CMR 15.08(3)(a)2., and 225 CMR 16.08(3)(a)2.